House fire in Southwest Fresno displaces family

FRESNO, Calif.

The flames broke out in the attic of a home on south Ivy near Lorena around 2 this morning. Fire officials say the family faced a double danger in the home because not only were the windows barred but the smoke detector wasn't working.

The family inside the home did manage to wake up and got out. Officials say this incident should be a warning for people with bars on their windows to have safety measures which allow them to escape their homes in case of a fire.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.