Cooking Time: 25 min
- 10 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (See Note)
- 7 tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into 1/2-gallon container and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint, if desired.
- Using baking soda in this recipe is no mistake. It removes any bitterness from the tea, leaving us with a smooth and flavorful drink.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cold-Beverages/Secret-Ingredient-Sweet-Iced-Tea#iCLsVczVOzDDsivr.99