Makes: 18 squares
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 (8- to 9-inch) frozen cheesecake, slightly thawed
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups oven-toasted corn cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut cheesecake into 1-1/2-inch squares, place on platter, cover, and return to freezer.
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, blueberries, and 1/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium-high heat 15 minutes, or until fruit breaks down and sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. Let cool and refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine cereal, remaining sugar, cinnamon, and butter; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine corn syrup and vanilla. Drizzle a teaspoon of corn syrup mixture over each cheesecake square one at a time, then place in cereal mixture dish. Sprinkle cereal mixture over cheesecake square until all sides are coated evenly. Place on platter. Repeat with remaining squares.
- Cover and freeze until ready to serve or serve immediately with berry sauce drizzled over the top of each piece.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cheesecakes/Crispy-Cheesecake-Squares#EXFbAoM9QAUGFRVb.99