Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except sauce and rolls (see Tip); mix well. Form mixture into 12 meatballs and place in a soup pot. Add spaghetti sauce and stir gently to mix.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place 3 meatballs on each roll, spoon on some sauce, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- The key to plump, tender meatballs is not to over-mix, over-handle, or pack the meat mixture. Treat the ground beef with a little TLC and you'll end up with some of the best meatballs you've every had.
- Toast the rolls with a little bit of garlic butter. Mmmm!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Classic-Meatball-Subs#30g6om68F2o7yC4L.99