Spaghetti squash has a chameleon quality to it, 'cause it cooks up with the same taste as our favorite pasta dishes. Our easy-to-make spaghetti squash recipe will have even your finicky veggie eaters cleaning their plates.
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
What To Do:
- Fill a soup pot with one inch of water and place whole squash in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove squash to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise then use a spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork, shredding into noodle-like strands.
- Place shredded squash in a large skillet and heat over high heat 2 to 4 minutes to eliminate excess water. Add remaining ingredients except basil and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in basil and serve.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Spaghetti-Squash-from-Mr-Food#Xw1If0aCo1S03DVV.99