Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup Key lime juice (see Tips)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar; mix well then press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate to form a crust; set aside.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks and lime zest 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and continue beating 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in lime juice just until combined. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until firm in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack, then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you can't find fresh Key limes or Key lime juice, it's okay to substitute regular limes, even though it won't be exactly the same.
- This is best served very cold, so we recommend placing it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, top pie with whipped cream or whipped topping and garnish with lime slices, if you'd like.
- We just love our citrus-flavored desserts and have a couple to recommend. Try our Citrus Bars and our Tropical Fruit Parfaits for some refreshing options!