Chilling Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 4 beef cubed steaks (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
What To Do:
- In a large resealable bag, marinate cube steaks in Worcestershire sauce 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish.
- Dip steaks in flour mixture, coating completely, then in buttermilk and again in flour. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add steaks and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm.
- To make the gravy, add 1/3 cup of remaining flour mixture to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until flour is browned, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk and broth, stirring until thickened. Serve gravy over steak.
Recipe courtesy of Hickory Hollow Restaurant, Houston, Texas
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Texas-Chicken-Fried-Steak#y6xWm2THAlZGqmhc.99