Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake
- 1 (13-ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
- Horizontally slice frozen pound cake into 4 layers. Place bottom cake layer on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Spread with a thin layer of chocolate hazelnut spread, then place another cake layer on top. Repeat with remaining layers and spread.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes, or until ganache begins to thicken slightly.
- Starting at one end, slowly pour ganache over entire cake until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chocolate hazelnut spread can usually be found alongside the peanut butter in most supermarkets.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Chocolate-Hazelnut-Torte-2014#Zcoe8GLcyuPluMsJ.99