Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 1 to 2 drops red food color
What To Do:
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Form dough into 2 balls; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a ribbon cookie cutter or a knife, cut ribbon shapes out of dough (see photo). Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting and red food color; mix well then frost cooled cookies.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Pink-Ribbon-Cookies#sZJlfxs0g77qt4mU.99