Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin and eggs. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up in the towel jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
- In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and remaining confectioners' sugar. Spread onto cooled cake and immediately re-roll (without towel). Place on serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices just before serving.
- To give this the final touch, sprinkle on some confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Pumpkin-Spice-Roll#tcZP77bwbHbl6iiF.99