Porterville father dies in electrical fire

January 9, 2013 12:42:50 AM PST
Grieving family members are hoping for answers into the cause of a father's fiery death.

The victim's remains were found in the garage of an apartment on south C Street and Vine Avenue in Porterville.

Family members say Seesi Mosana, 33, was a loving father who will be dearly missed. They said they did not know he was inside the garage at the time of the fire.

Seesi Mosana's family members put together a small memorial of flowers, candles and food near the area where his body was found Monday morning.

The grief-stricken family says they're still trying to come to terms with his death, after a fire ripped through the garage of his mother's apartment.

Louie Martinez said, "It's hard, we're remembering the good things about him."

The victim's mother spent most of the day in an area of her living room where she set up a memorial that includes his picture and several candles.

Mosana's aunt told Action News that his mother did not know her son was in the garage at the time of the fire. She says she heard him screaming for help as the fire got out of control.

Porterville firefighters say the fire broke out at 3am Monday morning and was fully involved when they got there.

Battalion Chief David Lapere said, "At this point after the investigation it's been determined it was an electrical circuit that was overloaded by appliances."

Chief Lapere says the fire spread to three garage units and the attic of the apartment. It wasn't until the fire was nearly put out that they discovered someone was inside.

Seesi's family members say the devoted dad always kept a picture of his 14 and 15-year-old sons with him.

"He was a great person always gave the shirt off his back. He really loved my kids and my kids really loved him."

Firefighters say the victim was using a space heater at the time of the fire but they don't believe it caused the fire.