Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes, at room temperature (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup nonpareil candies
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract, mixing well. Add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes, beating until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to brown sugar mixture, stirring until smooth. Mix in nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies spring back when touched lightly with a finger. Remove cookies from oven and wait 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool slightly. Frost warm cookies and sprinkle with nonpareils.
Note: Use only real mashed potatoes in this recipe.