Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (from a 17¼-ounce box), thawed
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pastry sheets according to package directions; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk; whisk until thickened, then fold in whipped topping. Spread over 1 sheet of pastry. Place second pastry sheet flat side up over pudding. Using a baking sheet, press down over top to evenly distribute pudding and to flatten pastry, just until the filling begins to ooze out sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and remaining milk until a smooth icing is formed. Reserve 2 tablespoons of icing and set aside.
- Pour remaining icing over the top of pastry and spread to the edges. Stir cocoa powder into reserved icing until well blended. Spoon mixture into a resealable plastic storage bag and using scissors, snip off one corner of bag. Drizzle glaze in 12 lines lengthwise over icing. Gently drag a butter knife through the lines to create a swirled effect. (See photo.) Chill at least 4 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.