Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups one-step stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 (1-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cups nectar and the butter and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing mix and almonds, cover, and allow to sit 5 minutes; set aside.
- Prepare the hens by removing and discarding the insides and rinsing them inside and out with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Stuff each hen with stuffing mixture, dividing evenly. (There may be some leftover stuffing, depending upon the size of your hens.)
- In a small bowl, combine the poultry seasoning, salt, and oil and completely rub each hen with the mixture. Place remaining nectar in the bottom of prepared pan and add hens.
- Roast 30 minutes, then baste with nectar and continue roasting an additional 30 minutes, or until juices run clear and skin is golden brown. Serve with pan drippings.
Notes: Make sure that you roast the hens right after stuffing them.