Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices (4 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 4 slices (1/4 pound) deli ham
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each chicken breast; roll up and secure each breast with a toothpick. Dip in egg then in bread crumbs, coating completely. Place chicken roll-ups in prepared baking dish, then coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and coating is golden. Remove toothpicks before serving.