Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine all ingredients except parsley; bring mixture to a boil, stirring once or twice. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
- Serve with your favorite meat, chicken, or fish. For flavor variations, try adding a spice, some chopped green bell pepper, or a few chopped walnuts.
- If you prefer, you can use brown rice instead -- just cook it about 45 minutes once it comes to a boil. And if you want to use parboiled rice, it'll need to cook about 20 minutes.