Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets (see Note)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup oil, seasoning salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, potato flakes, salt, and remaining pepper. Dip fish in melted butter, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; add fish and fry 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with potato wedges.