Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
What To Do:
- In a blender or food processor, combine red peppers, onion, broth, coconut milk, and curry powder. Process or puree until completely smooth. Place sauce in a large, deep skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, bring sauce to a simmer, then stir in chick peas and carrots. Place chicken thighs in sauce, being sure tops are covered. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken. Serve topped with sauce.
Notes: When using coconut milk, a common question that comes up is whether or not it's the same as cream of coconut. The answer is that they are NOT the same, cream of coconut is sweetened and much thicker. Cream of coconut is most often used in desserts and mixed drinks.