Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound mild rope sausage, cut into 1½- to 2-inch pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; add milk a little at a time and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add water and eggs and beat until bubbly. Cover loosely and set aside for 30 minutes in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place sausage in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and pour batter over sausage.
- Bake on center oven rack 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy, well browned, and crisp.
Note: Spoon out the Yorkshire pudding and sausage so that you get two favorites in every mouthful!