Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (2-ounce) piece salt pork, (see note)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 2 teaspoons salt
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine salt pork, green beans, and pepper with enough water to cover. Place potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt. Cover loosely and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes and beans are tender. Serve in bowls with broth.
- Three slices raw bacon will work just as well as salt pork.