Cooking Time: 1 hr
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups self-rising flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add sour cream and beer alternately; mix well. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes; brush top with butter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly; serve warm, cool, or sliced and toasted.
Notes: There are some unexpected ingredients here, like the sour cream and beer, but it works beautifully. Try it and you'll see!