Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced ham
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with olive oil.
- Arrange a single layer of potato slices over bottom of pie plate; lightly brush with olive oil. Place half the onions in a thin layer over potatoes, then season with salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Top with half the spinach leaves and 1 cup of cheese.
- Place a second layer of potatoes over cheese, pressing down gently. Lightly brush with olive oil. Continue with remaining onions, salt amd pepper, thyme, spinach, and 1 cup cheese.
- Place a final layer of potatoes on top and gently press down. Lightly brush with oil and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with ham.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are brown and cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.