Cooking Time: 1 hr
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds pork spare ribs, cut into 3- to 4-rib portions
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
What To Do:
- Place ribs in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer 40 minutes, or until ribs are tender; drain.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add ribs to baking dish, turning to coat evenly with sauce. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Grill ribs 4 to 5 inches from heat source 4 to 5 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce until glazed.