Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook ziti until just barely tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and parsley to the ziti; mix well. Spread half the spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon ziti mixture into baking dish; cover with remaining spaghetti sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
Note: Use your favorite type of flavored spaghetti sauce to add additional flavor to this ziti. And don't worry if you don't have ziti on hand -- just substitute any other equal-sized shape.