Firefighters spent the Monday afternoon tearing down walls and windows of a Kingsburg home. Crews ripped apart the building to stop hotspots from developing into flames. Once they got the upper hand of the fire they moved quickly to save Daniel Jeffcoach's belongings.
"The garage and the kitchen and both bedrooms and both living rooms, which is the whole house, so apparently the worst damage is everywhere," said Jeffcoach.
Jeffcoach said his wife and 2-month-old baby boy were at home Monday afternoon when she started to smell smoke. When Jeffcoah's wife realized the smoke was coming from the garage they got out of the house.
"We moved in Saturday, so we have been here two days. So we're trying to figure out what to do now," Jeffcoach said.
Firefighters are working to figure out how and where the fire began. Firefighters are also reminding everyone to watch out and make sure your garages are safe.
"Keep flammable liquids stored in a flammable liquid cabinet. It's probably the safest thing especially if the hot water heater is gas. I am not saying that's what caused it but it very well could have," said Kingsburg Fire Chief Tim Ray.
Daniel Jeffcoach said he and his family plan to move in with relatives.