Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 baking potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well. In a large bowl, combine olive oil and 2 teaspoons of spice mixture. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes; turn potatoes over and bake 15 more minutes, or until fork-tender and crispy. Cover with foil and place on bottom rack in oven. Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle steak on both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes; turn over and broil 4 to 5 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
Notes: If you have any leftover seasoning mix, store in an airtight container for later use.