Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Add eggs and scramble, then break up scrambled eggs into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; add peas and carrots and cook 3 minutes. Add rice and soy sauce and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in scrambled egg pieces and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- This is a great dish to make when you have leftover rice, or the next time you make rice, just make extra so you'll have some ready to go for this dish.
- If you would like a healthier version of this recipe, try using brown rice instead of white rice.