Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 55 min
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 beef eye of the round roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed
- 4 cups kosher (coarse) salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, onion, and garlic; close tightly and shake to mix well. Place roast in bag, seal, and turn to coat completely with mixture. Marinate 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, and water; mix well. Place half the salt mixture in center of prepared pan. Place roast over salt mixture then coat with remaining salt mixture, completely coating roast and forming a crust about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 55 minutes for medium doneness, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove from oven and discard salt crust. Slice and serve.