Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 onions, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped, optional
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well. Add jalapeño peppers, if desired, and cooked onions; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining cheese and sprinkle evenly over onion mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.