Cooking Time: 1 hr
What You'll Need:
- 4 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except milk. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 45 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Stir in milk and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until hot. Spoon into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Notes: If you don't have an immersion blender, no problem! Just transfer mixture to a blender, puree until smooth, then return to soup pot and complete the recipe.