Cooking Time: 11 min
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 stick butter-flavored shortening
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, shortening, and 1 teaspoon almond extract, until smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and chopped almonds to ricotta mixture, and beat until well blended. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining almond extract, and water; mix well until smooth. Drizzle cooled cookies with frosting and sprinkle with sliced almonds.