Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place about 1 inch of water in a soup pot; place the whole squash in the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat , combine remaining ingredients except 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; whisk until smooth and creamy, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- When squash is tender, remove it to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Cut squash in half lengthwise, then use a soup spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape the inside of squash with a fork, shredding it into noodle-like strands. Add strands to the sauce and stir until thoroughly mixed and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Notes: If you want to save some time, cut the raw squash in half lengthwise and place in a microwaveable covered casserole dish with 2 tablespoons water; microwave 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Be careful when cutting raw spaghetti squash --the outer skin is very hard.