Cooking Time: 7 hr
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pounds baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and onions, mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub the seasoning mixture over the ribs, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the oil; brown ribs in batches 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. Place ribs in slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender. Serve with sauce.
Notes:If you want your ribs to be cooked sooner, just set your slow cooker to high and they'll be done in 4 to 5 hours.