- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cook oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips or raisins
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Grease an 8x12 microwave safe baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars with margarine until fluffy.
- Add honey, vanilla, and egg. Mix well.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually blend into butter mixture, beating at low speed.
- Fold remaining ingredients in by hand.
- Press firmly into prepared baking dish.
- Microwave on MEDIUM for 7-9 minutes or until set,
(Bars will firm as they cool.)
- Cool and cut into 12 bars.