- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (8-10 lemons)
- 1 large pinch salt
- Optional: 4 tsp. maraschino cherry juice
1. Make simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water and bringing to a boil until sugar dissolves. Set aside and let cool completely.
2. Juice lemons.
3. In a pitcher, stir together water, lemon juice and simple syrup, and pinch of salt - taste testing to see if you need to add more simple syrup or lemon juice. Stir together
4. Pour into tall glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
Makes 4 cups.
Puree 1 cup of frozen strawberries and add to lemonade. Garnish with Strawberry slices.
Puree 3 cups blueberries with 3/4 cup sugar. Strain through sieve and add to lemonade.