The temperatures are hot and many of us may be ready to head out on a tropical vacation. But you can actually enjoy one of your favorite cool treats at home.
Snow Cone Margarita:
1 recipe Prepared Margarita Mix
1 recipe Strawberry Margarita, frozen
Fresh Basil for Garnish
Prepared Shaved Ice
Ice Cube Tray
Chilled Small Bowl
1. Prepare shaved ice and pack into a glass, store in freezer until ready to pour and serve.
2. Prepare Frozen Strawberry Margarita cubes in the snow cone machine or by flaking apart with a fork (like a granita), pack into a mini bowl to make small round shape.
3. Pour Margarita mix into glass
4.Top with Strawberry Margarita ice ball
5. Garnish with Basil and Serve
Yield- 4 margaritas
1 cup Tequila
1 Cup Lime Juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Water
1. Prepare a simple syrup- in a sauce pan boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Add in Tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Pour into a bottle with a serving spout.
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup water
4 TB Agave or 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup tequila
1 Tb triple sec
3 TB Lime juice
1. In a small saucepan add sliced strawberries, water and agave. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. In a blender, pulse until strawberries are well blended then strain to discard unwanted seeds.
2. Add in Tequila, triple sec, & lime juice.
3. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
4. Once frozen, you can chip the ice cubes with a fork or put through a snow cone ice grinder.