- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. shortening*
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles, coarsely broken
- 72 jelly beans or 24 marshmallow chicks (or a combination)
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Put chow mein noodles in baggie and coarsely break using your hands.
- Place butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Immediately add chow mein noodles; stir to coat.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared tray. Make nest shape with the back of a spoon. Place 3 jelly beans or a marshmallow chick in nests and let stand until firm. If necessary, cover and refrigerate until firm. Store in tightly covered container. Makes 2 dozen.
* Do not substitute butter, margarine, or oil for the shortening.