Fig Bites are energy balls that are a great breakfast or afternoon snack for heading back to school and are loaded with nutrient rich ingredients. For the first time you can stop by the booth and taste the recipe.
1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup Dried Dates
1 cup Cashews
1 cup dried Mission Figs
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 TB Honey
1. Blend oats in a food processor until it is a coarse sand. Then add in Cashews and pulse a few times to dice.
2. Add in dates and figs -- pulse until they become paste.
3. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
4. To start making the bites, gather a golf ball size amount of the mixture in the palm of your hand and roll firmly and pack into a ball. Continue with the remaining mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and let set in your refrigerator for 30 minutes minimum.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Make 15 energy bites.