- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tb Sugar, optional
- 1 Tb cornstarch
- 1 cup diced fruit (Apples, pears, strawberries apricots, peaches, berries & grapes)
- Place the sugar and cornstarch into a glass jar. Stir with a spoon until combined. Add the water and stir until all the lumps are dissolved.
- Add the fruit and stir again until completely combined. Place the jar into the microwave, and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes. (Because the water content of fruit varies, you may need to microwave for an extra few minutes to evaporate the excess liquid.)
- The jar of jam will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. It can also be frozen.
- Heavy whipping cream (at room temperature)
- Glass jar (smaller jar is better if kids will be helping)
- Take cream out of refrigerator for about an hour before making butter.
- Pour cream into glass jar, filling 1/3 to full.
- Shake the jar carefully until the curd separates from the whey. This process takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour whey into separate container. This liquid is buttermilk.
- Pour curd into a strainer and let drain for several minutes until all liquid, or buttermilk, is drained off.
- Place curd in a bowl; it is now unsalted butter.