- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 6 Tbsp. butter,melted- then cooled
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for coating the pan
You will need a small 7" skillet or crepe pan
1. Place all ingredients in the bowl, using a hand mixer, blend for 10 seconds or until you have a smooth batter and all ingredients have been mixed together uniformly.
2. Heat your skillet or crepe pan over medium high heat, place a small amount of butter in your pan and let it melt. Using the paper towel wipe out any excess butter.
3. Pour 1/8-1/4 of a cup of batter into the pan. Swirling the batter to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
4. Cook until the top begins to dry out, about 45 seconds to 1 minute, then carefully flip over to let the other side brown. The crepes should be light golden brown.
5. Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Put wax paper between each crepe so they will not stick together when you try to fill them.
6. Continue making crepes until all batter is used.
Yield: 18 crepes
Savory Filling: Chicken & Veggies
- 1-2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cups zuchinni, sliced thin
- 1 cups onion, diced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- cup all-purpose flour
- cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded
1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1-2 Tbsp. of butter and let it melt completely. Add the onions, zucchini and mushrooms and saut until tender. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add the remaining butter to the same pan, let it melt completely then add the flour whisking to combine and cook until golden. Add the milk and chicken stock and allow the sauce to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Once the sauce has thickened add it to the sauted vegetables and toss in the cooked chicken and mix together.
3. Use this mixture to fill the crepes. Using a 1/3 measuring cup fill each crepe with the chicken filling and roll up. Optional: Place the filled crepe seam side down in a baking dish. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Yield: Enough filling to fill 18 crepes or more
- 3.5 oz. berries, fresh or frozen (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 Tb sugar
- 4 tsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. In a heavy saucepan, add all of the ingredients together and bring to a boil. Boil until all the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and cool. Pour the syrup through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste and adjust sweetness.
Yield: about 5-6 ounces