Decadent Valentine's Day Lasagna
"Gussied Up" Tomato Sauce
- 2 Jars Marinara Sauce (I like Tomato Basil)
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 TB minced Garlic
- 8 oz Ground Beef
- 8 oz Italian Sausage (removed from casing)
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TB Sugar
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Leaves Fresh Basil, chopped
- 8 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated or Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Box No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare Sauce: Cook ground beef and sausage until brown. Add in chopped onions & garlic and saut until translucent. Add in 2 jars of Marinara sauce and remaining ingredients. Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare Cheese Mixture: In a stand mixer combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Assemble Lasagna: In a glass baking dish layer 1 cup of Sauce, cover with noodles, add another layer of sauce and spread on 1/3 of cheese mixture, then sprinkle on fresh basil. Add on another layer of noodles to cover. Ladle on more tomato sauce, then cheese, then basil. Cover with noodles and repeat 1 more time. The top layer will consist of remaining sauce covered by shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min- covered with aluminum foil. Remove foil and bake for additional 15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
BONUS - Chef Shayna's chocolate strawberries