- 2 cups flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon infused olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, olive oil, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients and mix gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour to allow dough to firm up.
- In a shallow bowl, measure out 1/2 cup sugar, in another shallow bowl, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Scoop 1 TB dough and roll into a ball. Press gently into the granulated sugar, coating on all sides. Next coat with powdered sugar and place on lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min. Rotate the pan, and bake for an additional 7 minutes until the cookies are cracked and puffed on top.
Cool on baking rack & serve.
- Store leftovers in airtight container.