This Amish Country recipe is sure to be a popular one at your house. We take the shortcut liberty of using cooked rotisserie chicken to get our Amish Chicken Casserole from the oven to the table quickly. You won't find another Amish casserole recipe like this one! Pair it with a side of veggies, and you're sure to have a fantastic dinner on the table.
Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
8 ounces medium egg noodles
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and milk; increase heat to medium and cook until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine noodles, chicken, mushrooms, onion, and parsley; stir in sauce. Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake uncovered 25 minutes, or until heated through.