"Stamp" some fun into your baking with our recipe for Fossil Cookies! These "fossilized" slice 'n' bake sugar cookies are sure to be a hit with anyone who thinks dinosaurs are great, or who just really loves a simple sugar cookie recipe.
Chilling Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat into butter mixture.
3. Place dough in center of a sheet of plastic wrap with about a 2-inch diameter and shape into log. Wrap tightly and chill 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices and place on baking sheets. Press a dinosaur toy foot into each cookie. (See Note) Brush imprint of foot with cocoa powder.
5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden around edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
You can use a small toy dinosaur to make an authentic-looking footprint on your cookies, or a raw pasta shell to make an imprint.
More TOP STORIES News