- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, plus extra for dustingwork surface
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 Tbsp. cream in a small bowl; set aside. Whisk remaining egg,
remaining . cup cream, buttermilk, and vanilla together in medium bowl.
- Pulse flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in food processor until blended.
Add butter and pulse into flour until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, about 10
seconds. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and make a well in center. Add
buttermilk mixture and stir until batter forms moist lumps. Carefully stir in
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and knead gently until dough comes
together and is smooth, about 10 seconds. Pat dough into 7-inch circle about 1 inch
thick. Cut circle into 8 wedges. Brush off excess flour with pastry brush. Place
wedges on baking sheet; brush tops with egg and cream glaze and sprinkle with
remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm
or at room temperature. Makes 8 scones.