Crews quickly contain chimney fire at Fowler home

FOWLER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters in Fowler made quick work of an early morning chimney fire.

They got the call just after three Tuesday morning from a home on Walnut near Simone. Fire officials said a woman woke up to the smell of smoke in the house and smoke detectors going off.

Everyone inside got out safely.

Officials said they put it out quickly, containing the damage to just the fireplace insert and the wall right behind it.

The residents were able to return to their home.
Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.