Family of 5 displaced after house fire in southwest Fresno

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of five is without a home following a fire in southwest Fresno.

It happened around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon at a house near Crystal and Whitesbridge.

Investigators say the fire started from an extension cord being overloaded after a resident plugged in a blow dryer.

The cord then short-circuited, sparking the flames.

Crews managed to put out the fire fairly quickly but the home did sustain a large amount of smoke damage.

Fortunately, no one inside was hurt.
Related topics:
fresnohouse fire
Copyright © 2022 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.