Fresno family avoids tragedy with carbon monoxide detector

Fresno firefighters say a carbon monoxide detector likely saved the lives of nine family members. The alarm woke up the family around 1 a.m. Saturday.

PG&E and a fire engine responded to the home on Keats Avenue near Sherman Avenue. They found one daughter had a headache and another was feeling nauseous. Other family members also started feeling sick, so ambulances were called to take them to the hospital.

It turns out carbon monoxide was leaking from the fireplace and the heating and air conditioning system. PG&E shut them both down, but officials have not said why they were leaking.

Related Topics:
carbon monoxidefresnoFresno - Northeast
(Copyright ©2018 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)