Did you know you could turn a head of cauliflower into a tasty flatbread? There's no magic needed to make our recipe for Cauliflower Flatbread. This diabetic-friendly flatbread is unbelievably good. We think it's the cheese and pesto sauce that really makes this recipe extra delicious!
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
1 large cauliflower, cut into chunks
2 cups (8-ounce) fat-free, shredded, mozzarella cheese, divided
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons pesto sauce
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place cauliflower in a microwaveable bowl, cover, and microwave 5 minutes, or until soft; let cool slightly.
3. Place cauliflower in a food processor or blender and process until it reaches the consistency of mashed potatoes.
4. In a bowl, combine cauliflower, 1 cup cheese, the eggs, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Spread mixture in a 1/2-inch-thick layer on baking sheet. Top with remaining cheese and drizzle with pesto sauce.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
Note: Top this amazing "flatbread" with thin slices of grape or cherry tomatoes to add a pop of color and a touch of freshness.
More TOP STORIES News