Put away the eggs, the milk, and the butter 'cause you won't need them to make this Depression-era recipe for Crazy Cake. The best part? The surprise you're gonna experience when you realize that this chocolate cake still tastes SO GOOD, even without those ingredients!
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups water
1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
1/2 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
3. Add remaining ingredients except frostings. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth, then pour into baking dish.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
5. Spread vanilla frosting over top of cake. In a small microwaveable bowl, heat chocolate frosting 10 seconds, or until pourable, the drizzle over white frosting in a crazy pattern.
More TOP STORIES News